Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Exchange Server 2007 question

Honestly, you can't make this up. Question from a punter:


Stefaan100 (TechnicalUser)
17 Nov 06 21:08
Hi, I am an investor trying to establish what the impact of Exchange Server 2007 will be.I was wondering if I could get feedback on what your expectations are for Exchange Server 2007. Do you expect a big improvement over Server 2003? How will it be an improvement?Also why do people use Exchange Server over Linux which is free? Is it?All feedback is welcome.Thanks

So I responded:
You must be an investor in Microsoft then.

Exchange Server 2007 is a unified messaging platform.
Exchange Server 2003 is a mail server.
Linux is an open source operating system.

This is a forum for Exchange Server 5.5 which had its official wake one year ago last week.


Oh how I would have liked to have given both barrels...

No comments: