Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vista is rubbish

Here is a comment made to me on the phone yesterday.

 

“Vista is rubbish. We’ve got this computer and it has got Vista on it. I put Office 2007 on it and I use that for my work but whenever I send Excel spreadsheets to the office, I can’t read them. It is also incredibly slow”

 

1.     Vista is an operating system, not an application.

2.     Your speed problem is a combination of children loading every application and trial they can find and the meagre 1GB of RAM.

3.     Office 2007 uses XML for its document type. This is new. Sending that file to a version of Excel that doesn’t know about XML will result in this issue.

 

Analogy…you speak English and have a friend who speaks English and French. Your new friend speaks English, French and German. New friend says something in German to you but you cannot understand.

 

Obviously your new friend has rubbish legs.

No comments: