Monday, July 20, 2009

Out of the mouths

On Friday night, the end of a long week, I took myself off to see Jake but was remarkably tired. He decided we were going to play Football on his Playstation rather than going swimming and since I was frazzled, I wasn't exactly reluctant.
 
After about 40 minutes, Jake asked if I wanted a drink and as I was laid on his bed, I was agreeing to most requested that didn't involve me moving. He came back with a pint glass of squash and a straw angled so that I didn't need to move. He also brought a box of Coco Pops and proceeded to feed me cereal a piece at a time.
 
After a while, he announced that this was what he wanted to do when he grew up...I thought that in fact I'd prefer him to be a Doctor or a Vet but a Carer would be an honest job.
 
Then the little whatsit said "I want to look after old people".

3 comments:

Mark Arnold said...

You might be catching me up in terms of age and senility.

Gareth Perry said...

ho!ho!ho! I only wish I was younger than you!!

Jimmy Andersson [DS MVP] said...

Nick, get over it. You ARE old :)