Monday, November 06, 2006

An extra inch or so

I finally managed to pick up the big (tinted) touring screen from Pam's (my Honda Pan European) previous owners, the wonderful Gary and Glenda. Over the weekend I swapped the screens to try this new taller one which is about four inches taller, hence the title.

A clean and polish with help from Jake over the weekend, removal of the top box and panniers to save them getting scuffed in the London traffic and the bike looks rather different. But the big difference is sitting behind that big screen - much quieter, much less wind presence and it is just like being in a car except the journey to work is an hour or so faster.

Not sure I fancy it long term as it is very high and I have to peer through it which feels odd. I may try no screen at all once the weather warms up, but this morning in the chill of the Berkshire fog it was a great feeling.

No comments: