Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nick Gillott MS-MVP (Exchange)

Yes, another calendar year starts and another round of renewals of MVPs. This year I made the cut so for the fourth year running I can declare myself to be an MVP in Exchange Server. MVPs are "recognized, credible, and accessible individuals".

Heck, two out of three ain't bad.

The new tagline is 'Independent Experts, Real World Answers'. Well yes, that's probably less patronising although I liked Jonathan Goodyear's comment from http://www.aspnetpro.com/opinion/2006/03/asp200603jg_o/asp200603jg_o.asp:

"In Microsoft parlance, MVP stands for Most Valuable Professional. I’m an MVP, so people often ask me what that means. Frankly, I’ve asked myself that very same question many times, and I wasn’t very confident about the answer I came up with. As an experiment, I asked numerous other MVPs, Microsoft employees, and other influential people in the industry their definition of a Microsoft MVP. The range of answers I got was pretty broad. I heard everything from “MVPs are super talented developers” (Microsoft employees are pre-programmed to use the word super in every other sentence) to “MVPs are developers who contribute to newsgroups a lot.” "

So for the next 12 months, I shall be responding to punters questions using google and the keywords they provide plus the little knowledge I possess about a reasonably decent application.

No comments: