Thursday, February 08, 2007

The rain in Spain or the snow in England

The view from a window this morning. Some children had already ventured out and were busily throwing snowballs at each other. My choices were simple:

1. Join them outside and throw snowballs for a while.
2. Clear the snow off the motorbike and ride to work in that.
3. Turn on the laptop and resolve the minor server issues before anyone got to work then do a day's work from here with work phone forwarded to mobile and easy access to the kettle.

The thought of riding, 2 wheels, snow, hills, idiots in cars with a 2 inch gap through the snowy windscreen and the very long distance to the office meant I plumped for the warm option.

Shame really as I would have really fancied a decent snowball fight with the lad. By the time I see him, it will be either icy or melted and with global warming this might be the last snow in the UK.

All this talk of snow has put me in need of a warming cuppa. More tea Vicar?

No comments: