Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sundays always come too late

(purloined from The Cure's Friday I'm in Love)
After a long day in the orifice yesterday, this morning it was over to see an old friend and a new friend in the south of the county. Pam started first time but a little noisily and I notice she has splits on both back boxes. Possibly weldable, but certainly requiring spend. She sounds a lot more meaty anyway as I went for a run over to see Lynne and Alex.
Lynne waved energetically and she rushed out with her huge smile in full view when I arrived. "New" beau Alex makes her really happy (and obviously so) as we stood drinking tea in the shrine to the internal combustion engine (garage). Between the 2 of them on one property is one van, one Land Rover, one car, 5 motorbikes, several push bikes and a quince tree. I believe it bears fruit that looks like a medical examiner.
One change of Pam's front pads later and we dined sumptuously on organic free range chicken from a Jamie Oliver recipe that was more moist than a moist thing and absolutely gorgeous. All trimmings were also provided but I restrained myself for a change, well I'd already spotted the chocolate pudding and it was served with creme fraiche and blueberries. Then "we" (i.e. Alex plus spectator) finished Pam's rear end and then we all went for a spin through the countryside down as far as Stockbridge. That's a nice part of the world and with my tour guide on the back I was being extra careful. Mr Firestorm had gone ahead without us deciding a meeting point so Lynne and I headed back as a procession of one bike in the decending darkness. More tea in the garage where Alex was making an excellent job of building a chainguard for his latest project and I pushed off to let them recover from the onslaught that is me.
About 140 miles on Pam today. I feel like I've done 14.

No comments: