Monday, March 19, 2007

Sleepless from Seattle

Managed to get up to my bed at something like 9pm, barely conscious after a long and weary trek of 5,000 miles though I did sleep a bit on the plane on Saturday night. So why have I been wide awake since before 2am UK time?

Seattle is a great place to visit but it is entirely too surreal to judge as Summit is a week of 110% commitment. Up early, pushing through the day, some event in the evening and then a periodic drink afterwards.

It is great fun to be an Exchange Server MVP, especially given the characters in the group. I don't get to the other major Exchange events in the US (Exchange Connections and TechEd US) so I don't know the people as well as they know each other, but it was a blast. Roll on next Summit.

Given the NDAness of the event, most comments will be held in check but thanks go to Karen, Laura, Lorna, Mark, Melissa for very different reasons.

Upsides: Learned a lot and not just about Exchange. Managed to get some sightseeing in so I felt like a tourist (Bainbridge Island and the Space Needle). Managed to swing my first seat upgrade although it was not for me.
Downsides: Not many really. The program was tightly packed so the collective downtime was minimal. The little Hitler on the plane acknowledged the seat was wet, supplied a blanket and refused to entertain the idea of moving us. Maybe he was expecting Club Class to fill up at the next stop.

Oh and the Westin is ideally located, full of MVPs and the beds are good. Though by the time an MVP hits the sack, anything will be fine.

No comments: