Monday, December 10, 2007

Three good things


Things are going well at the moment but this weekend was particularly good. Quite apart from the tiredness of the last few weeks receding due to a weekend spent with Jake without madly dashing everywhere, just spending time at home with him, I am particularly pleased to report that three good things happened over the weekend:

1. Jake. I got to spend time with him. He is a great kid and he is soaking up knowledge very rapidly. He learns quickly although he has the attention span of a gnat. When I asked him to hurry up last week a lady told me that you can't hurry children. He reminds me to slow myself down and enjoy time together.
2. A new picture. Jake and I found a large picture of Barcelona in a wood(ish) frame in Help The Aged (not an allusion to my friend Glen) for the grand total of £5.99. It looks good on the wall.
3. A new table. My most ambitious eBay purchase to date is a reproduction Georgian dining table in Yew with 6 chairs. A few bits of sanding and varnishing are required and barring a bit of sunlight damage it is looking good for 30 years old. Plus you have to ask what to expect from that much wood and 6 brand new looking seat pads for £20 plus delivery.



It might be blurry but it captures the above 3 in one shot.

No comments: