Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Operation: House

My brother is a nice guy. For Christmas, from him, I got an antique grandmother clock, a drinks cabinet and a kitchen workstation amongst other things in readiness for the new house.

Just before Christmas I bought a dining table and 6 chairs for £20. Yesterday I bought a settee for £25.

With friends and relatives pitching in to help me furnish the house, things are very much looking up. I can already hit the ground running on entertaining and relaxing afterwards and as long as guests like air beds and sleeping bags, they can stay the night.

Oh, did I mention that I only have 1 spare sleeping bag?

Beds are difficult to move around and the place needs painting and decorating before the carpets arrive. So I'll buy the beds afterward the carpets go down unless a small group of travelling decorators informs me that they are coming to town and need somewhere to stay.

No comments: