Friday, January 02, 2009

Eileen Brown, Google Reader and the IE RSS feed

I don’t normally pass comment on the Blogs I read but feel the need here:

 

Quote from Eileen Brown: “3: Google Reader.  I whizz through my feeds (over 500 of them) in no time. Star what i want to return to and blog it later.  Yes, i know that you’ll be thinking that i should ONLY use Microsoft products, but i like this reader MUCH more than the IE version of the RSS reader – and when we produce something that’s better – I’ll switch to that.”

OK, so Eileen is very well respected within Microsoft and is “allowed” to say that, but as one of the most read Blogs in Microsoft (last seen), that’s quite a statement and I hope the programmers take it seriously. I’ve not tried Google Reader but the IE RSS feed is a bit cumbersome.

The next paragraph doesn’t say too many complementary things about MSNBC either. http://blogs.technet.com/eileen_brown/archive/2008/12/31/final-thoughts-of-the-year.aspx

If it isn’t right, let’s say so and fix it – push people to produce great products not just adequate ones. Now, how about that UK economy Eileen, how can we fix that?

1 comment:

eileenb said...

I'm not the only one who likes Google Reader. Steve agrees with me ...
http://blogs.msdn.com/stevecla01/archive/2009/01/02/google-reader-still-tops.aspx