Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Carpe Diem

Just around the corner from my office, last Friday, a motorcyclist was killed within literally yards of where my bike was parked. It was during the day, I didn't see anything and the name amongst the flowers attached rather forlornly to the lamppost is for the family and friends to know, not for blogging. He was 27.

Seize the day. Grab life by the scruff of the neck. Live life to the full. Life is a gift.

All too soon it is over. Sometimes it is over a bit too soon.

What made this one really come home to me was that not only was it a motorcycle, not only was his accident near my bike but he died yards from where I had my only real accident in June 2004.

There but for...and I'm the same age. Sometimes I think I'm overstretching myself in what I am trying to do with my life and then I see something like this. You only get one chance and you're a long time dead so overstretching is something we should all do.

No comments: