Monday, February 05, 2007

Exchange 2007 feedback

Being the one with a small amount of Exchange server knowledge, I am seen as the fount of all knowledge that is mail server related. One colleague / opposite number of mine has installed it at work.

Qualifications: This person is an MCSE and a real world one at that. Also MCTS and so on. Very serious technical person with an excellent troubleshooting ability and knows AD and networking as well as I do. Let's call this person Fred.

Fred installed Exchange 2007 Beta last year and followed through the changes and got things going and yes, he had to do a fair chunk of problems, but he is a persistent sort of person.

Fred was unimpressed to find that the 64 bit Beta cannot be upgraded to the 64 bit RTM and had to uninstall and reinstall.

Fred was not impressed with several other things (and let me know about them).

Fred has just sent me a most interesting summary of Exchange 2007 RTM:

---
Exchange 2007 is like stepping in a lump of turd, No matter how hard you try and get rid of it there always seems to a bit left.

Sorry, but I just spent the last 3 hours trying to un-install this piece of Turdware (I think I'll have to copyright the term Turdware)
---

Now correct me if I am in error, but I don't think that is glowing praise.

No comments: