Monday, July 23, 2007

Exchange 2003 (for a change)

I spent part of the weekend moving the Stores off the fibre RAID and onto a SCSI RAID. Then the PST files for extinguished users were moved similarly.

Disabled the fibre array, disabled the fibre channel HBA. Restarted.

This morning I had a request for the "Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access Reply Red Cross in Internet Explorer" problem. It is a hotfix available on KB911829. Unfortunately that one likes a restart so I chose NOT to restart the server. The problem is that the IIS stack isn't then happy so the Entourage users cannot connect.

Email to staff - Exchange to be restarted, alert the troops.

All seems well now apart from the quizzical EMAIL that arrived an hour later that says (and I quote) "I take it email still down?"

Erm, you EMAILED me to ask if email is down? Roll on my next Exchange user group meeting at 6pm.

No comments: