Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Quiet Sunday

It may not be a rock and roll lifestyle I life, but I have enjoyed today. The batteries are charged. Pottering and making tea for passing cultured types.

A quick surf of popular web site YouTube found me watching The Last Goon Show (1972) - brilliantly performed by all. Here's a rather nice quote from Peter Sellers:

"I'm a very ambitious person. I don't believe by any means that I've even begun to do what's inside me. I have a burning sort of fire inside me to do certain things which I know I'm going to do. I'm going to defeat all these berks that are around me and I'm going to do it. I mean, I have a name of being very difficult, I'm not difficult at all, I just cannot take mediocrity, I just cannot take it on any level."

He's not my number one comedy hero because you can't pick one - it depends on your point of view but the group of Harry Secombe, Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan, Eric Morecambe, Eric Sykes and Tommy Cooper probably take a fair few of the top spots.

Example 1 for the jury http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSSGiA4f5cs

No comments: