Saturday, July 07, 2007

Exchange 2007 and yet not

Now that I'm going live with Exchange 2007 I'm coming across problems I would never have seen during the beta including this one.

The CAS was having problems and I couldn't use the CAS to move mailboxes from 2003 to the MB but I could use the MB. I could use the MB to manage the CAS. I could move mailboxes but once there I could not access them over OWA.

Scratching of head ensued and Mr Arnold couldn't help. Maybe reapplying rollup 3 would cure it? Instead of copying from CAS to MB as per last time, this time the copying was on the CAS by going \\MBname and it failed.

There was the problem - can ping, can't access. Remarkably odd one that is cured by uninstalling the Client for Microsoft Networks from the network stack, restart, re-add it (because it isn't the first server that's suffered from that).

Now OWA works, MB and CAS talk to each other and more to the point, Outlook can now connect as the autodiscover record points to the CAS that is now accessible.

No comments: