Tuesday, September 25, 2007

He's getting married in the morning...

Ding dong the bells are gonna chiyum...

Well ok I can't type as eloquently as Stanley 'olloway could sing in My Fair Lady but I'm very pleased to have received an invitation to the wedding of Mr Mark Arnold Esq, Exchange Server MVP and great friend and his beloved fiance Miss Laura Hunter, also MVP in Laura's home city of Philadelphia. The beautifully inscribed invitation arrived and there were no spelling mistakes like leaving U's out of words.

I have ummed and arred which is not an easy thing to type I can tell you. To travel that far for a wedding to a place I have never visited, on my own and to only know a few people weighed heavily on my mind. But I wanted to attend and it isn't every day I get invited to a wedding, particularly one across the pond.

Seize the day is the order of the year so I am now the proud owner of a ticket to the main event of 2008 (so far). Mr Arnold will be sent off in style and despite it not being Disneyland Florida, there is a fairytale assembling:
Miss Hunter and Mr Arnold will be playing Beauty and the Beast respectively.
Miss Carola Mattsson and Jimmy the Swede will be Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs - assuming sufficient alcohol (that's a given) to see double.
Mr Gianluca Hotz will be the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk due to legendary capacity for drinking Guinness.

That just leaves a couple of panto dames in the guise of Mr Daniel Wessels and myself as we shall be sharing a room. Fortunately the concept of pantomime does not travel well so there will be no shouts from the British contingent (Mark - you're the only Brit I'll see the whole trip!) of "Its behind you" if you please.

Looking forward to it? Well, now that I've booked the flight and committed to going, you bet I'm looking forward to it.

Mark finishes off his blogs with "Carry On". This one finishes with Carry On Abroad...

No comments: