Wednesday, December 05, 2007

IT recruitment cold calls

I don't like cold calls. If I want to speak to someone about a technology I will find a company using the Internet and will call them. Stop calling me.

Especially IT recruitment companies. I joined this company in 1996, Matt came to work for me in 2001 and Michael joined the company (if not me) in 2002. There are (now) only 3 of us doing support, yes Gareth I know you are there too but I'm meaning my department, and it isn't going to go up at the moment.

Today's poor sap called from some recruitment company to ask how big my department is, so I looked at Matt and said "About 5 feet 10". Well, Michael is on holiday and I was in a playful mood...

1 comment:

Gareth Perry said...

Finally got a mention, it could be worse you could be in Sudan and you could be caught having sex with a goat!