Thursday, May 08, 2008

New year, new job

Well that was rather timely...having been made redundant recently after the previous company shed half of its staff leaving me without a meaty role, I seem to have landed on my feet.

Starting next week I'm going to be Head of Infrastructure and Support for a large training company.

What does it mean for me? Who knows, but from first sight it looks like I get to work with some really knowledgeable people, with a great guy called Joe Fawcett who I have known for some years and work for a manager mentor.

Bigger company, more opportunity, technical and mentoring manager, great technical team. It sounds rather good, all I need to work out is where to park and see if I have found a firm who will understand how to pronounce and spell my name.

So in about 6 weeks I've gone from one firm to another via a week of bimbling, a week with Jake, a week on a course, a week of bimbling and a thick week of holiday. Found out today that I passed the course which has made this week even better.

I'm now a Prince2 Practitioner...professional project manager and certified, or am I just certifiable?

Mr Arnold may have a good deal of luck, but perhaps I'm starting to pick some up too.

No comments: